Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Festive Eating: an Apple Pie Sundae

Our band had a two-parade weekend with perfect weather and great audiences. We even had a band-mate sleeping over in the guest room. Sunday night there were fireworks in view out of the living room window.

I baked sourdough breads made molasses vanilla granola, hummus, brown rice, and lentils to go with all of the fresh tomatoes. Post parade we ate slices of Robin's home grown pears. Her neighbor's tree is overflowing with heavy delicious pears and they fall into her yard. She gives them to Lily and I when we walk by.

Last night I made a huge pot of soup using leftover homemade chicken stock, cabbage, garbanzo beans, onions celery, and carrots. It was as if all of the ingredients were waiting for me to realize that they had to become a soup.

My refrigerator's contents talks to me and I usually listen. This morning I made more granola and I am currently baking six sourdough multi-grain loaves. The aromas in my house are to die for.

My favorite snack of late is a big bowl of homemade applesauce with homemade granola and homemade yogurt on top. It is like an apple pie sundae.

0 comments: