Monday, October 21, 2013

Raspberries, Pears, Apples

We had street picked raspberries dessert with the local pears from Robin's neighbors. Last night I wrote a note with my name and email and phone number and address asking the owners about harvesting the pears of the gigantic pear tree in the yard behind Robin's house. They are overflowing falling rotting in the driveway. I took a few anyway and chopped the rot, and steamed them. They were great!

Saturday I went outside and the whole neighborhood smelled so good, like Italian food! Who was cooking tomato sauce? I went inside and immediately started to make tomato sauce as if I was answering the call, taking a solo. This is why advertisers are rich--the power of suggestion. Imagine a smell-evision! How awful that would be.

Poor Bill--I have the fan in the window blowing 40 degree air at us and he is under four quilts! I still throw off the covers!

The leaf colors are holding but they aren't as bright near Harris Pond. Maybe the pond is keeping things warm. The trees are muted beautiful but muddier colors. Our street has shocking highway department orangey-yellow trees!!

This morning we are each taking the Colbrook New Hampshire 'Two Sparrows' orchard red-skinned apples to school, and to the court house.

I have my bus schedule, my Paul Theroux book and my eye glasses and allergy medicine water, granola, yogurt applesauce. All I have to do now is shower, walk Lily and get dressed. I can catch the early express for only two dollars from behind Chan's restaurant to Downtown Providence before daybreak. The courthouse is about 5 blocks away and right next to my old college painting studio - the superior court house is building across from the Providence Athenaeum. Have you ever been to the Providence Athenaeum? You would love it. It was around when Edgar Allen Poe roamed the streets of Providence. It is an old library.

Sweet dreams of day and night.

My friend's husband had to fly to China for work. I would be a wreck if Bill couldn't come home for supper. We are lucky that Taunton is a nearby planet.
He says "But you go to Saturn every day!"

I hope I'll be back soon from Planet Court House. They said it will be 2 days and maybe 2 weeks unless it is a big trial. I don't trust my surreal mind to make these decisions. I always fall asleep during the last ten minutes of Perry Mason.

If I think of it as theater of the bus, theater of the courthouse, I will be fine in the theater of life!

Cheers to Monday!

0 comments: