Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Granola Kitchen

I am baking more granola. We get oats in a 100 pound bag that we store in our chest freezer and we fly through them. I like my granola formula because it's not too sweet. The unmeasured recipe is corn oil, JAR Baker's Supply brand dark molasses, Kosher salt, Job Lot real vanilla, a sprinkle of sugar, all combined and warmed until melted. Then add to rolled oats stir and taste. If the mixture is right, scoop into shallow pans in a 300 degree oven. Check every 10 minutes and stir. You'll know when it is done. The smell will tell you and the oats will be toasted. When the granola has cooled off store in a big air tight container or glass jar on your kitchen counter. Carry granola for quick snacks. It is great with dried fruit + also you can add your favorite nuts + seeds. I love it in homemade applesauce and yogurt. It is easy cheap and fun to be healthy.

Lately I bake mine at 250 because half the time I am in my office upstairs and can't always stop-- so I need to bake the oats SLOWER and LOWER so they don't burn!

0 comments: