Saturday, December 27, 2008

Breakfast Beans

Most of the time I don't plan what I am going to cook. I just look in the fridge and see what the ingredients and leftovers suggest. Last night I spotted celery, carrots, mushrooms and garlic, and I decided to make a tomato sauce adding black olives and herbs, olive oil and red wine. The aroma was intoxicating! While the sauce was simmering I diced up the pound of sliced ham we were given on Christmas and cooked it with a batch of collard greens. While that was steaming I baked a pound of black beans. Everything came out so good that I ate greens and beans for breakfast! Today maybe I'll make pizza dough or homemade pasta to go with the tomato sauce.

1 Comment

Victoria Thorne said...

what a gift you have for making everything sound good; a great and amazing gift, it is