Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Three AM

This morning my dog woke me at three AM licking herself. Thankfully I'd gone to bed at eight. I realized I was wide awake and ready for my day! I got up and watched a bit of a PBS documentary about WWII. I read Brenda Ueland's book Me while baking my pre-soaked black beans. When they were cooked thoroughly, I added ground beef, olive oil, sea salt, canned tomatoes, chopped celery, a bulb of garlic and fresh basil, and put it back in the oven. It smells great! A hearty black bean chili. Then I made pesto in the blender from the bouquet of basil I had purchased from Fernandez Market on Wednesday. It needed to be rescued. I didn't have walnuts or pine nuts so I used peanut butter instead. I also added garlic, olive oil, asiago hard cheese, red chili flakes, and salt. It tastes great.

0 comments: