Monday, December 22, 2008

Waffles On The Brain

I know people will laugh at me but I sliced tofu into slabs and put them in my hot waffle iron and they steamed as they got squeezed. Then I took them out and placed the tofu slabs on top of a plate of steamed vegetables. I sprinkled them with soy sauce which accumulated in the cool indentations created by the waffle iron. Try it! Who knows, I might try making savory spinach and egg waffles next. I have waffles on the brain! I'm even wearing waffled fabric long underwear!

1 Comment

Rachel Nguyen said...

This is brilliant.

I'd want to add some hot sauce. (Shark brand) to the tofu waffles. (Toffles?)

Also, I'd get the fresh tofu from the Asian market. The kind in giant blocks that floats in the brine and is packed in the chinese food containers. Good stuff.

I am going to try this, LOL.