Thursday, December 25, 2008

Sun Ray Bread

Last night all of the snow melted in the warm rain. Then fierce winds blew in sounding like ocean waves crashing through the neighborhood. This morning the sun is out and I am baking a whole wheat sweet filled yeast bread. I made a mixture of cinnamon, vanilla, brown sugar, and toasted slivered almonds. I flattened out the dough by hand and decorated it like a Sicilian pizza. Then I rolled it up into a log and shaped it into a circle trimming off the ends so they join at the same diameter. I snipped two inches at three inch intervals making what looks like sun rays. I took the extra blob of dough scraps and formed a ball and filled the center hole.
Happy Christmas.
Love from us.

1 Comment

Vague Moon said...

Wonderful Em, my mouth is watering as I am reading. Merry Christmas to you and Bill.