Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snowstorm Euphoria!!

I stayed awake until 2:00 baking a chicken after I had made a vat of soup. At midnight I whipped up a batch of wine biscotti and began baking a few rounds. Bill took apart the sink's dripping faucet. We're crazy!

The storm is so exciting. Bill's school and everyone's school is canceled so it's a holiday of sorts.

I woke up at 6 and shoveled out the front back and side paths for Lily. The snow is 2 feet deep! My neighbor Mark Shultz was shoveling and we shoveled the driveway exit path together laughing about the need for exits for feeling better. We laughed at absurdity and beauty of the snow and blizzard winds.
I am baking another batch of wine biscotti. The roast chicken and the vat of soup are in the foyer because there's no room in the fridge. It's colder than the fridge anyway!

I'm sure I'll need a nap and then we'll have to shovel the flat roofs.

Let's make snow ice cream. I'll have to whip up a batch of pumpkin. My favorite is pumpkin pie ice cream.

Now that it's a decent hour I can take out my saxophone and honk along with Doug and Gordon's yellow CD, on the stereo. Life is good!

0 comments: