Monday, January 26, 2015

Soup and Bread and Shoveling

Every half hour I shovel the back steps and a path to the little garden so my dog can reach her pee spot with no trouble. Really it's easy for her she is 80 pounds and tall with long lean legs. I shovel because I'm claustrophobic and I need to know I can exit my house easily if I want to. I always need an escape route!!

My 16 bean kale chourizo soup came out great. My dutch oven sourdough is magnificent. I might bake the chicken tonight if my energy stays good. The great smells are always worth it. Now that my cold is gone I have a new sense of smell.

I hear the highway department plows going up and down my street. This City is amazing. They're all over what is needed. I promised the highway department I'd bake for them at the next storm. I didn't know it was going to be a three-foot snow storm! I do appreciate what they do. Maybe I can stand in the newly-plowed street and hand them a chocolate cake.

I'm listening to WICN SOUL SERENADE and it's fabulous.

WICN is having a 45th birthday party April 2, at Mechanics Hall in Worcester Massachusetts and they are having a JAZZ trip to CUBA in October. Both things sound great.

0 comments: