Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chest Freezer

In our cellar next to our washing machine is a big chest freezer. We were given this when I was at my sister-in-law's party one summer and one of her guests heard me say "I don't know how to make a small quantity of hummus and there's no room in my freezer".
"I'll give you one, I have one in my garage, I use it once a year to give frozen turkey's to my contracting guys at Thanksgiving but we're moving, I don't need it anymore. I will deliver it next week. All I ask is that you make me a bucket of this fabulous hummus".
I did, and we've had this treasure chest in our life for over a decade. My butcher told me the freezer will be most energy efficient if it is kept full. We have 50 and 100 pound bags of grain and a few boxes of nuts and seeds and leftover soups and breads stored in there. It's a great friend.

0 comments: