Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Warmth and Hope

My neighborhood is poor and urban and it breaks my heart when my neighbors align with the forces that harm them: voting Republican, Burger King, cable TV, pit bull breeding, illegal drugs, shady auto sales.

The children are always BRIGHT LIGHTS - and that gives me hope.

Nate Silver was my guru through the presidential race. His NYT column 538 was my obsession. Having access to good information is so important.

My house is 45 degrees but I have many layers on and a quartz heater. The trick is changing my socks and shoes often (to keep feet dry) and walking many miles.

I was wondering if riding a horse is nice and warm? Back when people kept farm animals on the ground floor they benefited from the heat rising into the residential areas of the home. I also learned yesterday that canopy beds were insulation too, keeping the warm air from drifting away.

0 comments: