Monday, November 5, 2012

Salvation Army

On Thursday I spotted a fifties looking retro sleeveless dress, simple design full skirt with four thin white ribbons across the chest ending in bows on the right side. It was on the mannequin in the big picture window of the Salvation Army. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I walked by on Friday to show my husband and they had put a black fur coat on the mannequin. Good I thought, now nobody will see how fabulous this dress is while I am deciding. I could wear it for performing I told myself. It would cost more to sew a dress like this, I convinced myself. Today I went in and tried it on. The ladies that work there and another elderly lady waiting to use the dressing room were as excited as I was when I came out wearing it. It fit me like a glove. I walked home smiling and took a detour to show friends at the public library. I am convinced my grandparents Nat and Sophie are hovering over the thrift stores orchestrating my lucky finds!

0 comments: