Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pumpkin Pie

I just baked my pumpkin pie. Okay I'll admit it it I am new to the world of pie-making but I have been practicing baking pumpkin pie all year. I love pumpkin. For my pie I make a whole wheat oil crust and follow the recipe printed on the Libby canned pumpkin minus 1/4 c of the sugar. This pie is food. We eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, teatime, or a snack.

After the oven was up to 450 degrees I suddenly remembered the tip to prevent the crust from burning. I opened the oven and I "tossed" the strips of aluminum foil haphazardly draped around the crust. The foil immediately sank into the batter and got baked into the pie. When it was done it was like tearing off a band-aid to take the foil off. The crust looks great, the pie looks terrible but it tastes delicious!!

0 comments: