Monday, May 11, 2015

Spring Summer Fever

Don't be afraid to try the pumpkin waffles (below) as pancakes, (I just did!) They are so soothing and a lovely color. I made a huge amount and keep it in a jar for quick meals. (I am lazy when hungry.) Do add more liquid milk or buttermilk or yogurt if needed...I am loosey goosey with recipe amounts.

The pollen histamine season is killing me. I always forget that's what antihistamines, decongestant, and Excedrin are for. Swimming (at RI Athletic cClub) is a godsend for sinus pain.

I am soaking my head every 2 minutes with the hose to cool off.

I must plant my basil and tomato in buckets so they are defined and simple. My Lao neighbors on Elbow Street have already planted many gardens along the fence and things are coming up. They remembered me from their NEW YEARS DAY celebration. My dream is to eat with them. I love Lao style food and want to learn more about how to make it. When Seng had his restaurant across the street it was amazing. It was the best food in the world. That was before the great recession, when we could go out.

I joined senior bocce league, (any age over 50!)

0 comments: