Monday, October 22, 2012

Always an Adventure

I cut the spaghetti squash in half to roast and surprise, it's not a spaghetti squash! Oh well. After salvaging the seeds (which I hope to roast) I threw the two yellow halves in with the simmering chick peas. Then I sliced and salted my big eggplant inside my huge colander and went for a walk with Lily while the eggplant sweat bitter juices. I am sweating too, on this sunny day. I am wearing my summer denim vest and light-weight cotton gray pin-striped Indian pants a friend gave me 26 years ago.

The way I cook is the way I paint. I never know where I am headed. I just make a move and then another. Lily kept pulling me to keep walking so we ended up at Turbesi park and then at Harris pond where she swam in the cold water.

The leaves have fallen near the pond changing the feel of the special swim spot. I nearly fell in slipping down the hill on acorns.

Our friends across the pond are selling their house and 20 acre horse farm. If I wasn't such an urbanite I'd start a Jersey cow dairy farm with goats and chickens too.

News Flash
It was spaghetti squash after all. It needed to cook to reveal it's spaghetti qualities.

0 comments: