Monday, October 22, 2012

Stuff

Yesterday we walked to Price Rite with a shopping cart and Lily. I didn't want to drive because it was such a gorgeous day. It was a long trek, much longer than I realized. I was tired last night, good tired.

I had a strange dream about filling gasoline into a blue device the size of a fire extinguisher but flexible like a balloon. I didn't know how to make it work and was making a mess. I worried about anyone smoking a cigarette coming near me. I thought about hanging it in a tree to dry off, away from humans. A very cool band played music in my dream. They were sitting on the ground using a picnic blanket as a stage, laying back using bellows on their backs like knapsacks, pumping air. They were all incredibly muscular, built like Arnold Schwarzenegger but they were amazing and exotic sounding like Brave Combo.

I woke at 3:35 not getting up right away, still tired. When I got up I did the dishes and really got on a roll. I started tackling the grease on the stove and the hood while the coffee was brewing. I love the scent of our new green apple soap it's inspiring to me. I mopped the floor with it yesterday, for the first time in many years. Last night poor Lily leaked on her bed (our TV couch) so we cleaned that couch with green apple soap and and washed the quilt cover. We set up her dog bed beside ours instead. I do love having her near me. She cycles though a bladder leak phase a few times a year. Our vet knows about it. We usually catch it if she starts licking before a major spill especially if we are on the TV couch with her. Honey had the same issue. It's from over-drinking after enormous walks on warm days.

I made brown rice in the red cast iron enamel pot to have for later paired with the BBQ chicken pumpkin leftovers. I love having an inspired appetite, maybe because I love to cook and it is how I take care of myself but I also like to be healthy with good working muscles.

I love to wear aprons and vests. Just like muscles, they might be my form of armor. I am thinking of sewing a denim bra, and maybe denim slippers from old jeans scraps.

I might bake spaghetti squash tonight inspired by my pal Jamie who said she just made it the other day for her family. Meanwhile I am soaking chic peas. Chick peas serve as great mini vegetarian meatballs in tomato sauce.

I have too many unused potatoes. Must bake a scalloped potatoes casserole with local cream as soon as it's REALLY COLD.

Bill's birthday is Sunday.

0 comments: