Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ruminations

Having lived as a squatter for two years with no hot water or oven using only a hot plate to construct meals, I don't fall for the notion that the gizmos are necessary. That said, I have a love for all kitchen things especially antique apple peelers, meat grinders, toasters, enamel pots, all things cast iron, ladles and slotted spoons. There isn't a kitchen thing that I don't appreciate.

I wish I knew more interesting and adventurous people, eaters, willing to submit to our world for an evening.

The older I get the more strange our friends become. Control and comfort continually supersede adventure and daring. Oh well.

Make new friends.

I heard of a woman who set up tea at her table with her dog invited to drink from a teacup while sitting at the table with her.

That's where I'm headed!

0 comments: