Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Boiler Day

Today was boiler day. I moved the car sized brush pile blocking the gate so the oil man could deliver some oil, then the boiler checkup had surprises, first flames shot out of one thing, the sweet boiler man said "Wow there's a first for everything." Then he discovered the fire box of bricks inside the boiler was caved in. I saw it too, a heap of collapsed broken bricks. So we are on stand by. Luckily it is not zero degrees out and we are alive and kicking. I say that because I have been hearing about too many deaths this week, and it's only Tuesday. Lily has been so patient. I skimmed the schmaltz off the half gallon of chicken stock I made yesterday and added leftover brown rice and I chopped some carrots, onion, garlic, Glenda's cute little peppers, and a wedge of cabbage to make it into chicken soup with rice, the cure all. I ate fist fulls of my molasses granola with black coffee, I'm off to walk, and ready for bed.

0 comments: