Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sleeping inside a Gigantic Chicken

It was a colorful windy walk. The cute house on Edgewater drive in view of the water is for sale so I told a friend who is looking. The kids were all out and it was a treat to see them in their colorful outfits. We talked about other people's dogs scaring our dogs and odd neighbor problems and our favorite candies for Halloween. I was in a great mood.

We like to race over to Jamie's on a Saturday because he is closed Sunday and Monday. We bought the chicken quarters on sale for 69 cents and I roasted them at 550 degrees on a trivet inside my dutch oven! The smoke alarms were sounding. I love chicken crispy chicken skin I love it more than potato chips but I have to be careful because it doesn't like me. I told Bill this was his birthday cake and we laughed. We lit candles and enjoyed the crispy-skinned chicken with brown rice and greens.

When it was time to go to sleep the roast chicken scent had traveled and stuck inside the bedroom. I felt like I was camping inside of a gigantic chicken. I woke up dreaming of making chicken salad with the leftovers.

My friends asked me to harvest their tomatoes so they don't go to waste and I might do that too. The neighborhood pear tree is bursting with out-of-reach pears. If I see the owners I might ask them about this. I have already left them a letter in their mailbox.

0 comments: