Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Experiment

Some people immediately put on the radio when they are alone but I turn on the oven! Last night I salvaged leftover ribs from our big 2004 BRAVE COMBO dance party! I dug them out of the bottom of our gigantic chest freezer. I have no shame about poverty. I just added a few quarts of tap water, fresh collard greens, whole garlic cloves from the Asian American market on North Main Street Woonsocket where you can get five garlic bulbs for a dollar, slices of fresh ginger root, which I eat like candy once they've cooked, a few quartered white onions and four dried red chilis, and a few splashes of soy sauce. I also threw in two cups of frozen yellow corn. I baked it all in my covered cast iron Dutch oven. It was an experiment and guess what? It came out GREAT!!!

0 comments: