Sunday, February 15, 2015

I Love this Winter Snow

Even with daily shoveling perhaps because of daily shoveling I love this winter snow. Yesterday my husband and I spent the afternoon shoveling the two car garage roof. Then I cooked spicy garlic ginger green beans and baked a pot of brown rice in the red heart shaped iron pot friends gave us for our 20th anniversary 10 years ago. When I get a hot flash I plunk my face into the snow! It feels great.

In years past I always wished storms would last a few days rather than only a few hours. I wished the snow was light and fluffy and dry like it is. I wanted to sink into the storm rather than immediately start cleaning it up. A two or three day storm is great when it is light and fluffy. If we step out everyone is on foot. We talk to our neighbors and the world is peaceful and quiet for a moment. This is peace on earth.

0 comments: