Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Last Night

Last night I made Lisa Chune's Asian dumplings and they were fabulous. We bought dumpling skins at Price Rite. I took a cutting board and minced garlic, chopped celery, grated carrot, chopped scallions, ground lean pork, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, and I mixed it with my fingers.
We placed a tiny amount in each dumpling skin and sealed it with water by wetting our fingers. Then we placed the little 'mouse pillows' in our greased metal steamer over a pot of boiling water covered and steamed each batch for six minutes. We dipped them in a blend of soy and rooster sauce. So good. My husband slipped a bottle of white wine in the snow bank to cool.
We listened to Tom Shaker's fabulous Monday night show: SOUL SERENADE on WICN. Excellent show!

0 comments: